By: Jonathan Burgin
As the 2012-2013 basketball season approaches, we’ve seen Kentucky accumulate a lot of highly skilled transfer players from our most Northern border; Canada. Here is a list of some of the top Canadians who will be playing their prep basketball in the Bluegrass State this season….
• Kevin Ndahiro- 2014 SF/PF: The 6’8 Ndahiro has enrolled in Thomas Nelson High School in Bardstown, Kentucky. He has a list of college interest from Mississippi State, Villanova, Washington, Depaul, USC, Oregon Nebraska and Tennessee.
• Ray Kasongo – 2014 SF/PF: The 6’8 athletic bruiser is a likely high major with the likes of Depaul, Illinois, USC, UCLA and North Carolina State (and a list of others) waiting to get a chance to recruit this man-child. Kasongo first came to late last season via Canada. Ray is also joined by his brother, Ruben, a 2015 SG/SF who stands 6’3. Ruben is hoping to blow up like Ray did last year and generate some offers. Both attend East Ridge High School in Lick Creek, Kentucky.
• Tyronn King – 2015 PG: The 6’2 floor general will be attending North Hardin High School in Radcliff, Kentucky. He is being recruited by USC, UNLV, and Syracuse.
• Lazarus Teny – 2015 SG/SF: The 6’4 guard has enrolled at June Buchanan School in Eastern Kentucky. He is a potential high-major from Calgary.
• David Kapinga – 2014 PG: The 6’0 guard from Southwestern Pulaski County High School in Somerset, Kentucky moved down last year he has offers from Western Kentucky and BYU.
Whether they are from Canada or the Bluegrass State, Kentucky will have some different flavor this year and TDP will be first on the scene with the entire scoop.