With the AAU season officially at a close we are seeing more and more Ohio prospects fly off the boards. Here is a look at five prospects who recently made verbal commitments, as well as a sixth who we missed out on reporting earlier……
- Josh Davenport – ’13 Cincinnati Moeller SG/SF: The 6’4 wing committed on August 4th to Winthrop head coach Pat Kelsey. A Cincinnati native as well, Davenport was the first Queen City prospect to commit to Kelsey, who will begin his first season as the head coach next year.
- Keon Johnson – ’13 Mansfield Senior PG: The 5’7 Johnson joined Davenport in committing to Winthrop on August 4th. Johnson chose Winthrop over several MAC scholarship offers.
- Tony Kynard – ’13 Toledo Rogers PG: The 6’1 Kynard committed on August 2nd to Bethune-Cookman, a division one program out of Daytona Beach, Florida. Kynard is joined in his commitment by HS and AAU teammate Clemmye Owens.
- Clemmye Owens – ’13 Toledo Rogers SG: The 6’0 Owens committed to Bethune-Cookman, a D1 school out of Daytona Beach, Florida, on August 2nd. Owens will be joining HS and AAU teammate Tony Kynard as BC commitments.
- Patrick Wrencher – ’13 Cincinnati Moeller PF/C: The 6’8 post, Wrencher, committed to Saint Francis on August 3rd. Saint Francis is a division one program out of Pennsylvania.
- Jalen Rhea – ’13 New Albany SG: The 6’2 pure shooter committed to American University in late July. Rhea chose American over interest from the Horizon, MAC, MEAC, and OVC.
UPDATE – Just eight hours later it is time to add a couple of updates to this commitment list….
- Isaac McGlone – ’13 Bloom Carroll PG: The 6’1 combo guard committed to Eastern Kentucky late on August 4th. McGlone had a great AAU season with King James, earning him offers from Hofstra, the MAC, and several high academic D1′s.
- Keith Watkins – ’13 Cincinnati Moeller PG: The 6’0 bulldog point guard committed to Northwestern late on August 4th to play football. One of the top guards in the Cincinnati senior class, Watkins will play running back at Northwestern.