Some recruiting stories that have made headlines early this week….
- Vitto Brown– ’13 Bowling Green PF: Brown will visit Michigan for the second time on Saturday afternoon, after previously visiting Wisconsin. Both schools are among Brown’s leaders along with Illinois, Butler, and Minnesota.
- Zack Denny – ’13 Dayton Valley View SG: The latest school to offer the pure shooting guard is Hofstra. Denny’s offer list now includes 7 schools, including in-state Bowling Green.
- Tony Kynard – ’13 Toledo Rogers PG: Kynard is being heavily recruited by Youngstown State, Bowling Green, Bethune Cookman, and James Madison per his AAU coach.
- D’Angelo Russell – ’14 Montverde (FL) Academy PG/SG: Russell, a Louisville native, has seen his name continue to rise on rankings boards; currently resting at #16 in the country via Rivals.com. After a positive performance at the NBA Players Association Top 100 Camp in Virginia earlier this month, Russell has begun to hear more and more from Kentucky. Monday, the in-state combo guard visited the Wildcats; and lists them among his top schools along with Indiana, Louisville, Ohio State, Tennessee, Cincinnati, and Xavier.
- Evan Bailey – ’14 Massillon Jackson SG: After a strong showing last week at the Nike Elite100 camp in Saint Louis, Bailey is starting to see high major interest from a variety of Midwestern programs. His name has been mentioned on most recaps of the event as one of the top young wing prospects in attendance. Currently, the schools recruiting Bailey the hardest are Akron, Kent State, Cleveland State, and Toledo.
- Grant Benzinger – ’14 Cincinnati Moeller SG: The smooth 6’3 wing received his first offer this past Sunday, as Wright State pulled the trigger on the rising junior. Benzinger has acquired interest from numerous Division I schools, and should see even more interest as he moves full-time onto the Moeller varsity squad next season.
- Jeff Thomas – ’14 Norwalk SG/SF: Thomas also received his first offer on Sunday. His offer also came from Wright State, via Coach Billy Donlon. Thomas is a long, smooth, and talented scoring wing who also cites interest from several MAC schools.
- Nate Fowler – ’15 Cincinnati Moeller C: Fowler has been a target of the Dayton Flyers for some time now. Monday, the 6’8 rising sophomore finally got an offer from Coach Archie Miller. The biggest Ohio prospect in the class of 2015, Fowler has an advanced skill-set and is also hearing from Xavier, West Virginia, Michigan, Butler, and many other big names.