In a relatively uneventful few days, here are the stories that TDP is hearing from the recruiting world…..
- Elijah Macon- ’13 Brewster Academy (NH) PF: The Columbus native was expected to be settling into a dorm in Morgantown (WV) to attend West Virginia University this month; but that plan is going to be delayed a year. Multiple sources have confirmed that the 6’9 power forward from Columbus, who spent his senior year at Huntington (WV) Prep, will be spending a postgraduate season at Brewster Academy in New Hampshire. At Brewster, Macon will focus on improving his academic standing before enrolling at WVU for the ’13-’14 season.
- Luke Kennard – ’15 Franklin SG: Kennard took an unofficial visit to Indiana this week. The 6’5 wing is being heavily recruited by the Hoosiers, along with several other Big Ten schools (including Ohio State and Michigan who have offered the rising sophomore).
- Antonio Campbell – ’13 Covington (KY) Holy Cross PF: Campbell added an offer from Ohio University on Monday. The talented 6’8 post man from Cincinnati also has an offer from Northern Kentucky to go with heavy interest from Kennesaw State, Bowling Green, Dayton, Miami (OH), and several others.
- Stedman Lowry – ’13 Lakota East SG: Lowry has been cleared to play in July with his Martin’s Wolverines AAU team, after missing the last six months with an ACL tear. Lowry’s father says that Stedman is hearing from multiple Division II schools, as well as receiving Division I interest from Yale, Air Force, Army, and Davidson.
- Ellis Williams – ’13 Columbus South PF/C: Williams is receiving new interest from Bethune-Cookman, Albany, Northern Kentucky, and St. Francis (PA) per his AAU coach Lucius Jones.
- Austin Gardner – ’13 Toledo St. Johns PG: After a steady performance at the Ohio State team camp this past weekend, Gardner is hearing more and more from Toledo, Oakland, Wright State, and Indiana State.